I get an error when im trying to start Unity.
This is the error: (After that it just close)
What should i do to get it to work?
I get an error when im trying to start Unity.
This is the error: (After that it just close)
What should i do to get it to work?
Okey i got it to work now :razz:
HooSa,
What did you do? I’m having the same problem (Immediate crash on launch) with Win7-64:
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Unity.exe
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Unity.exe
Application Version: 3.3.0.63135
Application Timestamp: 4d6e0c62
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7bafa
Exception Code: e06d7363
Exception Offset: 0000b727
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 9889
Additional Information 2: 9889336c7ceae332d8ed4d7c0cafe6f0
Additional Information 3: e632
Additional Information 4: e632bc7dbadbcdb5f34caa92133fd2ea
Thanks in advance,
-jon
For others who find this thread - I found help on the #unity3d channel on Freenode IRC.
The problem was that I had Data Execution Prevention (DEP) turned on, and had not added the Unity editor ‘unity.exe’ as an exception.
I corrected the problem (Windows 7) by going to Control Panel → System and Security → System → Advanced system settings → Advanced (tab) → Performance Settings → Data Execution Prevention (tab), clicking “Add…”, then browsing to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Unity.exe”.
Strangely, I remember older versions of Windows notifying you when DEP was the reason for a program being shut down - On Windows 7 the Unity program was just failing silently and generating crash reports (as posted above).
Is there a bug / feature-request to have the Unity editor properly mark its regions of memory (per Data Execution Prevention - Win32 apps | Microsoft Learn ) to not trigger this?
I had the same problem after new setting up of my system and the solution worked. thanks.
Wonderful Solution! thnx!
I am using Unity 3.3.0 in Windows XP.
Here’s the path of DEP on XP:
Start Menu > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Settings > Data Execution Prevention >
Click on Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:
Uncheck Unity Editor (if not there, click on Add button to add it to the list)
Click Ok, and restart windows