Chromebook: [UnityCache] indexedDB database could not be opened

I’m using 2017.3.0f3 to create a webgl build that’s about 27mb and hosted privately, data caching turned on. The build works pretty flawlessly on most browsers and computers but for some reason the chromebooks we have that are running chrome 63 get this error in the console:

“[UnityCache] indexedDB database could not be opened”

And of course nothing tends to happen after this, it just shows a blank page. Anyone else seen this? Or know of a way that we could get more information about what is happening.

Hi,
i have the same problem in Unity 2018.1. Did you manage to fix this? If yes, how?

Hi, I had the same error with "[UnityCache] indexedDB database could not be opened" and “IndexedDB is not available. Data will not persist in cache and PlayerPrefs will not be saved.” with “unreachable code after return statement” before.
Also I had the error:“Uncaught RangeError: Offset is outside the bounds of the DataView”. It stucked at 90% loading the WebGL-Player.

I just enabled the “Development Build” for WebGL and in the Player Settings…/Publishing Settings/Enable Exceptions I set to “Full With Stacktrace”. Then it runned.
Then I deactivated the “Development Build” and set the Exceptions to None and overwrited the first Build.

I have the same Errors now except of the offset error which disappeared. But it runs after waiting some seconds. I have no idea why and if one of these changed something :smile:

I have “indexedDB database could not be opened” in log too, but it’s not unity related definitely, it’s browser bug, in my case 100%, and reproducible with manually crafted html+js for indexedDb check without unity.