Unity 2018.1: [UnityCache] indexedDB database could not be opened

When i export a game to WebGL (Webassembly and Asm.js) and then upload and launch it for the very first time, the game does not load. I get the following error in the console:

“[UnityCache] indexedDB database could not be opened”

After this message, nothing happens.

Now if i refresh the page, it starts working and i don’t get that error. Every time i try to reload the game after that first unsuccessful load, it works. So the problem is only on the very first loading of the game.
I could reproduce this problem multiple times on Google Chrome on multiple computers with multiple games. It is very hard to reproduce it though.
It seems to be happening with every game exported with Unity 2018.1 and played for the very first time on a machine.

Does somebody have a fix for this? Thanks.

3 Answers

3

It seems to help if you lengthen the timeout of XMLHttpRequest in UnityLoader.js from the default 1 second to something longer (e.g. 10 seconds).

setTimeout(o.onerror, 1e3)

See this thread on the unity forums for more info:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/unitycache-indexeddb-database-could-not-be-opened-error.541215/

I have the same problem! Did you find a solution?

Is this still an issue with the current version of Unity? I’m getting the same error even when I’ve added extra setTimeout seconds. I’ve set it to 10000 and I still get the error message.

I also have turned off data caching.