Collisions not working(beginner)

Hello, I have two objects a sphere and a cube. Each object is set to position -20 on the z axis. The sphere object contains a sphere collider and a rigidbody with gravity checked. The cube objects contains a box collider and a rigidbody component, with isKinemactic checked. I place the sphere about 10-15 game units above the cube. When I hit play i see the sphere fall right through the cube. In addition, the sphere has a bouncy physics material and the cube has a metal physics material. Lastly, my testCollision script that calls the onCollisionEnter, onCollisionStay, and onCollisionExit functions are never called. Could some please explain possible causes for this type of behaviour. I am currently using the free verision of Unity.

Here is a youtube link displaying the problem in action.
Watch this new video I made with Ezvid:

Make your own at www.ezvid.com

You have “istrigger” checked on your sphere. That makes it ignore collision.

Hey Thank you, I can’t believe I missed that. My question now is why are onCollisionEnter, onCollisionStay, and onCollisionExit not being called.

Here is another video.

Watch this new video I made with Ezvid:

Make your own at www.ezvid.com

You have a lower case “o” on OnCollisionEnter();

hahaha thank you! what happened to camelCase standards? or are all built in functions capitalized in unity?

Yeah, that’s the way they do it. It takes a little getting used to.