Just to Reiterate.
This is a simple template for a game, that can be picked up by anyone to make their own game with their own sprites. This may possibly end up on the Unity assets store for free.
All Feedback and Criticism is welcome.
I really like the idea! It can have some definite uses in the future! Good idea using Megaman as an example - just saw him in a gameplay video of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, so he’s fresh in my mind.
It’s a great concept, has a lot of potential with all of its flexibility and a lot of people can use something like this! It can speed things up quite a bit, as you have already done most of the tedious work, and it is fully customizable.
As for an idea for the sneak animation… there really isn’t much going for it. All that comes to mind is for something like Solid Snake. It’s another feature to play around with - that’s all that matters in the end! ![]()
As a new developer (as of August), I am constantly looking for stuff that can simplify my life and lessen the pain that comes with being a noob.
The worst thing for me right now is animations. I can see myself using this in the not-so-distant future.
I will be glad to see it pop up in the asset store, as it is where it belongs!
By the way, I like how you have that creative picture to show all its features rather than a boring wall of text like I usually have. It’s a nice touch!
Keep up the good work!
- Chris
Thanks for your feedback, I’m surprised someone decided to comment on this. I expected the post to disappear.
@Suppy , I know from personal experience that feedback is very important, especially to someone who’s just entering the world of game development/design. It took me over 2 weeks to get my first comment on the thread for my game, Swimmy. It’s hard starting off because no one knows who you are. If Billy Joe were to publish a book, no one would know about it, but if Stephen King published a new book, millions would know about it instantly.
Patience is a virtue… ![]()
