Font Colour in 2.5 broken?

Hi guys

Cannot change font color in font material as is stated in the manual -

"If you are using a GUIText or a Text Mesh, you can change its color by altering the Text Color of the font’s auto-generated Material in the Inspector. This is called the “font material”.

Used to do this with 1 click in 2.1 but now it is impossible - greyed out, even made a new material, assigned the font texture to it and a color, then added that material as the material for the GUI Text component, did the text color fine but just turned all my characters cyrilic, or arabic, not sure but … not right!

what happened to it?

Any help much appreciated

Will

Yes, you have to make a new material now. Make sure the font file you’re using is the right one; it still needs that for correct letter spacing or else you get a mess.

–Eric

Eric, thats what I tried, I made a new material, added the font’s texture to it, set the shader to GUI > Text Shader, and then chose a colour.

Then where i’d applied the font to a GUI Text element, I set the material parameter to use my new material. What did I do wrong?

This on the wiki also has some steps about using custom font textures; hopefully that should explain it.

–Eric

I’m also having the same issue. I create a new GUI/Text Shader material, then dragged the font Texture from an imported font. I’m not using a custom font texture, just the ones imported via Unity from font files. I then change the material color. When I apply this material to a GUIText object, none of my text shows up. I was able to do this in the past with Unity 2.1, but it’s definately broken in 2.5.

Bump