So I’m trying to animate my character with the model I’ve imported from Blender. In Blender I used Rigify to rig my model, but learned it doesn’t agree well with Unity mechanim. I’ve looked up tons of videos and articles explaining how to make the conversion, which I have done. As now I have my model in Unity looking like this:
Imgur: The magic of the Internet (2nd image)
It looks fine on the surface, and in TPose, but when I check the rig under Muscles & Settings I see this:
Imgur: The magic of the Internet (1st image)
Which means something that I can’t possibly see is very wrong. According to all of the guides and videos I’ve read and watched all of my bones in Blender are perfectly fine; the parents and children, ORG and DEF bones all set up nicely. But when I export to Unity most of them get mangled. I’ve been trying for awhile to fix this and am at a complete loss right now. And because of all this of course, my animations always look terrible in Unity when they look great in Blender. :C
Fixed! Found the answer a few threads down at Not consistent animation in Blender and Unity - Unity Engine - Unity Discussions