I’m building to iOS from Windows, uploading to Apples Testflight and all was working well in beta 20, however now when I try to upload to Testflight with a build from beta 21 I get errors relating to the icon images. I notice in Xcode I’m missing several of the icons even though they were set in Unity’s player inspector. Even when I add them manually in Xcode I still get the errors and can’t upload.
Before I make a repro and submit a bug, is anyone else having this issue or am I missing something that’s been changed?
I’m having a similar problem. I am able to successfully build my project in Xcode (and it shows the icons in images.xcassets → appIcon), but when the app appears on the device, the icon is missing. It worked fine in B20, but in B21 I am having this issue.
For those of you who have an old build from the previous beta that worked (and has the icons you’re still planning on using), the workaround I’ve been using over the last few days is as follows:
In XCode, expand the Unity-iPhone bit in the project navigator.
Select Images.xcassets from the drop down.
In the file inspector (right side of the screen in my layout), it should list a location & full path. Select the little folder icon beside the location bit.
Navigate to the Images.xcassets folder (within the Unity-iPhone folder) in one of your old XCode projects that worked from a previous beta. Make sure that the Images.xcassets folder itself is what’s selected before you hit Choose.
May not be necessary: Clean the build folder. Hold down the Option key, choose “Product” from the top menu, and “Clean Build Folder”. Like I said, might not be necessary, but since it’s one of the things I did the 1st time I got it working, I do it each time I’m uploading a new build now.
Hit play so it builds/plays. Make sure the icon’s now showing on your device.
Archive/Submit/etc.
Bit of a hassle, but it’s what I’ve been doing. Hope that helps someone.