Linebreak on GUIText Bug?

According to the “Hints” at the bottom of this documentation:
http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/Components/class-GuiText.html

It says:
“When entering text into the Text property, you can create a line break by holding Alt and pressing Return.”

When I start typing in the text property and I hold Alt and Press Enter all I get is a chime noise. No linebreak. Does anyone know how to create a linebreak using the Inspector instead of hard coding it in a script?

Does anyone have any suggestions on this? I’d really like to know what the solution is to creating a line break without having to hardcode it.

You can write into a separate text editor, then copy and paste it into the GUIText element and it will retain the line endings.

It’s something that really needs to be fixed.

Thanks DMan, I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t doing something wrong. But Im glad this is a known issue. :slight_smile: