MagicaVoxel Tools


Asset Store

Manual:

Quick and Easy way to export Models to MagicaVoxel
*Meshes
*Skin Meshes
*Multi Selected
*Auto Palette or Custom colors

Version 1.2 - Import to Prefab Added

Now live on the store if anyone is interested…

Lots of requests for making prefabs…
so I’m adding an import tool

*Optimized Mesh
*Support to import materials…

Example…With and without materials
*Note my programmer art, needed example with glass, metal, and emit

Submitted to Asset Store, waiting review.

updated Manual:

*Renamed Asset since it now does more then export.

Question (or a Feature Request)
Can i convert particles to voxel?
e.g: a explosion to a voxel explosion, this could be VERY useful

Anyway, Thanks

This is a feature I have looked into…here is a quick example of what I got working:

so it is a feature i’d like to add, but I don’t know when.

this will be so amazing when comes out!
create a explosion particle simulation and convert to voxel (this will be AMAZING)

what is in my head:

good luck and do not rush to add new features to the asset

submitted version 1.2a to fix 2018.3+ issues

I don’t get why people would spend time to give a 1 star review before asking for support…

1 Like

I have not bought it yet, so it’s still impossible to do a review, but I still think your idea is incredible for all lovers of voxel art

Submitted Version 1.3 to asset store…

Huge improvement to import quality:

Example: import voxel, add post processing…looks nice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice Update!

I would love to know how your progress on the destruction is going. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to make a voxel model disintegrate like you have there.

@K-Anator

it was just a standard unity particle system (Render Mode → Mesh, Mesh = Cube) and each particle was just to a voxel position and color.

you will be able to create a voxel particle system

and assign the data from the importer…

I’m still working on the details and polish…but it will be in the next update.

I’ve been working on recoding the importer for the next version.

It uses Unity scriptedImporter, so no need to open a window…just click on the .vox file in project.

New features requested by customers…
Preview Voxels
Preview PivotPoint
Import single, multi or Merge (large voxels) from MagicaVoxel files.
Remove Hidden voxels
Add Physics RigidyBody and Colliders
Create Data for Particle systems
Assign Shader for each type

Current State:

Hello,
great asset, it works quite well,
is it possible to have access to the source code? (to fit my specific needs)

@Wild-Factor
it includes all source code except the voxel.dll (a few open source MIT projects I shoved into a single .dll)
if you need that code, just email or PM and I’ll upload the Visual Studio solution.

Edit:
Next update, I’ll just include a zipped copy of the code with the asset.

Submitted Version 1.5 to asset store

Version 1.5

Importer
-Uses Scripted Importer (just click on the file now!)
-Handles Multiple World objects (single, multi, merge)
-Options to add rigid body and colliders
-Import voxels as data

Voxel Particles

Improved: Mesh Baker - vertices and out of range UV’s

scripts use namespace MagicaVoxelTools

New Manual:

Submitted Free Version to assetstore (pending review)

Hi bocs,

This asset is what I am looking for, I am testing the free version and the import option does not seem to work in Unity 2019.2.3f.

Says ‘working’ forever, and logs an error. See attached screenshot.

Thanks, let me know of any solutions.