Hey Guys,
First of all, I downloaded Unity just yesterday and did the Roll-a-Ball Tutorial. I have no idea about C# coding or have done anything in this kind of designing so far.
The reason I downloaded Unity and give it a play is that my boss wanted me to check out the possibility using Unity to design a Visualistion program for pyrotechnics.
Just to give you guys a rough idea what this is about when finished:
The program designed with Unity should be able to import scripts from another program and converting the given information in the script into pyrotechnical effects (e.g. shells, mines, gerbs, you name it). The user of the program should be able to “position” the effects as well as tilting them, having the option for pan angles, importing buildings (e.g. Golden Gate Bridge, Eiffeltower, etc) to place the effects on various positions and then finally visualise the whole show from the imported script. Of course the effects should be in 3D, and the user should also have the possibility to design/create his own effects.
I know, this may sound absolutely crazy, but just be honest: is this something which could be achieved or is it impossible creating a program like that with Unity?
My personal skills aside right now, it is more a question of possibility. If this would work, me and our team would be more than happy to spend tons of hours realising this, but we have to figure out if it would be a waste of time first.
Thanks and looking forward to your coments.