object splitter

demonstration link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7197062/bear-cutting.jpg

now I’m writting tree cutting code such as in cryengine.
will anybody buy this script?

That’s pretty cool! The sphere slicing seems to get a little messed up, but the other shapes work.

–Eric

317339--11196--$picture_2_211.jpg

Would this work with any mesh or is it just primitives?

Looks very interesting, I will follow this 8)

This could be a good feature but you must refine it.
Not many people will use it for primitives.
But you could probably sell something for some well done mesh real time splitter.

Neato.

nice for cutting enemies with a samurai sword :lol:

Very nice idea can we have the Code please

I have updated scene: http://bestgames.ge/objectsplitter.html
I know there are many problems, but now you can split soldier :smile: :twisted:

That’s so amazing

would it be too hard to give direction to the cut?

maybe you can record where the raycast 1st hit and where it last hit and get the direction from that?

now I’m refining code for good splitting. I have that in mind to split mesh with sword depended on sword trajectory.

very cool.

yes, having the option the the cut to be at an angle would be nice so that the top part would slide off the bottom part, instead of just stacking up.

I think you can start with a random inclination split, where the user can choose a range like -20 to +30 degrees on x and y axis in example.

Following

I have refined code and now the soldiers are splitted very well :smile:

www.bestgames.ge/objectsplitter.html

now I’ll begin working on direction splitting

Very cool :smile:. This is probably a directional issue, but if you shoot a soldier in the arm, his whole body separates.

yes, the code splits object on Y position, but if the arms will be separate object with changed gizmos, for example may be in 3d max, rotate Y gizmo to be on that direction on which direction you want to cut, now on theese models Y is upward.

http://bestgames.ge/objectsplitter.html

Updated, splitting with sword :smile:

I haven’t wrote direction splitting yet, but it looks fantastic :smile:

I changed code to split one object only once but it was boring, now you have sword looks likes electro saw