Package manager invalid signatures issue

After upgrading my Netcode for GameObjects (NGO) project from Unity 6000.3.2f1 to 6000.3.5f1, several packages in the project started showing an “Invalid Signature” warning in the Package Manager.

According to Unity’s documentation, this warning indicates that a package may have been modified or could potentially be malicious. This is confusing, as all affected packages are official Unity packages, as shown in the attached screenshot. To my knowledge, I have not modified any of these packages.

Packages showing this message:

  • com.unity.burst 1.8.27
  • com.unity.multiplayer.tools 2.2.7
  • com.unity.netcode.gameobjects 2.8.0

If anyone has an idea why this is happening or a solution, please do let me know.

Thanks.

I just upgraded to 6000.3.5f1, created a new project and now I’m also seeing lots of package signature errors. There was another post I was looking at related to the signatures but they only displayed warnings. Looks like it still runs so I’m just going to treat it like a warning until Unity fixes it.

To add another data point, I’m experiencing this with a project I just updated from 6000.1.4f1 to 6000.3.4f1. @CodeKiwi, I notice that your package errors don’t all align with my package errors. Quite strange!

I’m also having a similar issue.

For each test I did the following:

Clean Unity Hub install.
Clean Unity Editor install.
Brand new project 3D URP

I am not having any issues with: Unity 2022.3 LTS (2022.3.62f3) LTS

I get warnings with: Unity 6.0 (6000.0.66f1) LTS

I see invalid signatures with: Unity 6.3 (6000.3.5f1) LTS

Oh, and my editor install list looks crazy; 5 duplicate versions?

I’ve been trying to debug this issue for ages, I’ve tried deleting caches, new projects, etc. Nothing is working and it also shows the errors even when I downgrade back to unity version that was working before. Maybe I should just dismiss the errors and this will be fixed in the next version?

I too am getting invalid signatures on Unity Technology packages. This was after upgrading my project from 6000.2.7f2 to 6000.3.5f1 today.

i was fine until i tried to install the AI toolkit in 6000.3.3, now i have packages i can’t remove and my project is effectively hosed. jesus. i left unity to try switching to unreal engine because of all the problems i was having in unity, then decided to give 6.3 a try and now it’s looking like coming back was a huge mistake…

Yeah same here, decided to update some packages today, but had signature issue, decided to completely purge global packages cache and now most of Unity packages have invalid signature

Yeah. We are experiencing the same issue. Upgrade from 6.3.2 to 6.3.5 and suddenly lots of invalid signatures.

Downgraded back, and now it works again.

Ah FFS, after a few weeks I’ve finally had time to start working on my project, And now I’m getting this issue.

I’ve also installed .5f1, and got a bunch of issues.

So I’ve decided to go back to .3.0f1, seemed ok, untill I downloaded Cinemachine, and… It literally poped up again.

Like wtf, what does LTS stands for? is there any information about this? Does this even matter, or its on a level of a warning which we can ignore untill its fixed?

I mean if it’s some API issue whre the editor verifies, and gives the warning, and we can ignore it, sure idgaf..

Welp, will try to see if its working and its just a warning level or no… ffs.

Hey everyone,

Just want to let you know that we’re aware of this situation and our best people are on it!
I’ll keep you all updated once I have more info!


Everyone has encountered this problem, and so have I.

Incredible timing to paralyze several new remote team members who are unable to download packages lol

You are able to download and use packages, it’s only about UI warning and signature. Code works just fine. You just have annoying marker in package manager that Unity packages are malicious

Nope, package manager keeps saying unable to download / package not found in the console. If you already have the project set up then it works, but we’re onboarding serveral people today and their project won’t compile because the packages won’t download.

All package versions just say 1.0.0 for some reason (on a mac at least).

Just booted up 6000.3.5f1 and got:

just to let you know

Same here, just after an upgrade from 6.2 to 6.3. Seems like the cause is the upgrade, no matter the version.
Waiting for news from Unity staff still working on it :slight_smile:

I spent the last 8 hours trying to fix this thinking it was my OS or some temp file. Reinstalled hub. tried everything I could think of. I should have check here first.

I have been using 6000.3.0f1 for weeks and same happened just now without unity version upgrade. I was checking profiler and clicked Install Memory Profiler button, then both “Memory Profiler” and “Editor Coroutines” started showing invalid signature

I don’t know what happened, but as I was working through the Essentials Pathway, I didn’t get these error messages until yesterday. I didn’t update anything on the Unity Engine or change any configuration inside my project. I am using the 6000.3.4f1 version.