Newbie question here. I’m making a (very) basic level geometry using textured cubes/rectangles of different sizes. The texture I’m using for said cubes is made up of a repeating square pattern. However, I can’t make this texture resize properly on the cubes. The sizes of the cubes will all be in multiples of 1. What I want this texture to do is tile properly so that, say, if a rectangle is 3 units long but 2 high, on that face the texture tiles 3 across and 2 up while remaining square and just looping. But if another side of the shape is, say, 4x5, the texture on that face should be tiles 4 times across and 5 times down. (I hope that makes sense.)
Is there a way to do this in the Unity editor, preferably allowing me to use the same material for all shapes that need the same texture?
I'd already taken a pretty thorough look around, though I tried again and found this: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/175233/repeating-a-texture-over-an-object.html Though it doesn't work properly when the X, Y and Z values are not all identical. Is there a way to do this when they're all different, yet still have correct tiling for each individual side?
– StewartB