Respecting the Limits. HingeJoint2D

Hi there,
I have a jointHinge2D, that is not behaving as I think it should.

See pics. Essentially the gas canister is a rigidbody2d while the ship is a rigidbody2D and the hingeJoint2d. The issue is, that despite setting the angle limits, the gas canister is not respecting these limits.

It seems unpredictable. I have watched the tutorial and looked up online but can not seem to solve the issue.

Any clues?

Tweak the mass of the gas can until it stops misbehaving, or increase the mass of the pl…plane? is that a plane? until it stops misbehaving (assuming the Plane is also a rigidbody)

1 Like

Ok yes. It is a plane, but not fully rendered in art.

Thanks, will try.

Working on a separate project, but with hinge joints 2d I may have the answer. It seems Unity creates a normal projecting up from rigidbody with hinge joint. This normal dictates where the “stop” occurs, when using motor and angle.

Ok, so I solved for my purposes. The image below shows the set up needed to allow for a pendulum like motion. If I apply a forward force (left), to the spaceship, the gas tank (to whom the hinge is attached) swings back from inertia and forward if the ship crashes.