After looking around I found out about the Spline Controller package, which I’m about to try, but I’m not sure it will work for what I need.
My first question is: Can you import a spline from 3ds max and use it in Unity?
My second question is: Is there a spline editor available for Unity?
Basically what I need is a spline with nodes, and each node need to have a flag, like “resetHere = true and resetHere = false”. Now that I think about it, a spline might not be the best way to do this?!?
What about the AnimationCurve ? could that do the trick for you with tangents and keyframes?
No, splines can not be imported unless the spline solution you use offers you an importer (unity has no spline support itself thus splines on models are ignored)
Yes, there is RageSpline which you can buy on the Asset Store, depending on if thats what you want to achieve. Alternative is iTween / iTween Visual Editor (which includes itween) if you want to use the splines for path etc
Thanks for your answer Dreamora. I'll definitively get RageSpline soon, it will come in handy for sure! And iTween's splines for path following is great as well. But none of these help me for my particular problem. What I ended up doing is using a trigger box which covers the area I don't want the player to respawn within, and using that trigger's position and scale to calculate where the No-Reset zone begins and ends, then resetting the player at the end of the No-Reset zone trigger box. Works great :)
What about the AnimationCurve ? could that do the trick for you with tangents and keyframes?
– BerggreenDK