In my game in unity 2D I am looking to have my character walk around a room, click on a stove, undraw the room they are in, draw the new room the stove is in, use the stove, undraw the stove, and then redraw and go back to the room they were originally in, all while having the AI around them still be walking around. Are there any tips as to how I would go about doing this?
You probably do want to use scenes for your rooms. But you want to use additive and async scene loading, so that you don’t destroy your first room. When the “stove” room is loaded, you can teleport your player there, do whatever you need to do, then teleport back to the old room and unload the stove room.
I looked it up and it looks like that would work good. Thank you.