Hey guys, not sure thisi s the right place to post.
I was wondering how I would go about getting the system requirments for the game I have created.
Thank you.
Hey guys, not sure thisi s the right place to post.
I was wondering how I would go about getting the system requirments for the game I have created.
Thank you.
What, no one?
I get the feeling you avoid my questions :V
kind of a stupid question :/… No one can answer the system requirements for a game you have created. Unity can be made to run on all sorts of different hardware… and different apps would require different things.
Em, you want us to find out your minimum requirements? Really? How do you propose we do that?
Do we have access to your game?
Are we going to get paid to test your game on various setups?
Are we going to decide what you consider the minimum acceptable result?
Seriously…
you have to give it more than 3 hours for a response man.
To answer your question, one method is to test it on different machines. If it runs fine, lower the hardware specs of the machine until you get to the point where it starts to lag or something. Afterward isolate the problem and raise the quality of that hardware until it runs fine. I know it’s a long process, but the more testers you have the easier it will be. Just be sure the testers give you all of their system specs if they are testing. There probably is an easier way, but that’s the only one I know so far.
Yep, sorry, your second post was a bit brash, so I miseed the fact that you actually might not know how this is determined.
You have to test the game on various hardware setups. Simply finding the cheapest/slowest machine the game will play on is not the end.
It’s not simply seeing if the game will start, you have to have multiple playthroughs of the whole game, so you know the whole game is playable with that setup.
You most likely will have to either pay for machines, rent them, pay people to test the game on machines, thus give them access to the game.
If the game has procedural elements, you have to test their performance and possibly limit their amount on the minimum spec., when the time comes, but we can’t answer what the minimum specs are, you have to find this yourself.
Of course you can gu-estimate, but if you want to sell, especially on the PC (the main platform that can have multiple setups and minimum specs), you have to be sure about your product, else you will have angry clients and who wants that?
Thanks. I think I phrased that wrong. I had to leave early and didn’t have time to put more thought into it. I wasn’t asking for you to give me the system recs, I just wanted to know how you find out yourself. It’s going to be hard to test it on a boat load of machines, as I don’t have access to that many. If you don’t know already, this account is for TSA (Technology Student Association). I am using unity under the student license. Anyway, I am doing this for a competition, and can’t really afford to get a ton of machines, short of going to best buy and trying it out on all of those ![]()
On second thought, that’s not a bad Idea…