I’m a new Unity user and was interested in making my games multi-player usable. To start this off, I was interested honestly in just learning how to create a chat system I could plug into a website - very basic system, but should allow multiple users to connect.
Any ideas where I should look to get started, and what kind of stuff I’d need? If it helps, I’m going to be using JavaScript for the programming.
You might also want to look at the examples included in ElectroServer5. We have examples of simple text chatting and also Unity 3D Avatar Chat. And if you don’t want to use Unity for your clients, you can use AS3 or Javascript or Java or Objective-C.
There IS a chat module in that example. Even our game, Poco Poco Cheerocco is heavily based on the network example project’s chat module. You can check it out at my signature there.