Cannot post review on Asset Store

Hello,
I’ve been trying to post reviews for a few assets I purchased but it seems like when I write up a review, set a star rating, add a title and press the “Post Review” button, nothing happens. A circle appears on the Post Review button but the review doesn’t go through, I don’t see an error either. I’ve tried posting on assets that have lots of reviews as well as well as assets with no or few reviews. I’ve also tried to post from multiple browsers (Chrome, FireFox & Edge). Unsure why this is happening as I haven’t gotten any type of feedback. Any ideas why this is occurring?

1 Like

did you download them? I know if you just played with a demo or something else, it won’t let you, you need to actually download the asset … I have seen people try and give reviews, only to find they never downloaded it, they just used a friend asset or a demo. So, be sure you had.

Yes, I have purchased and downloaded the assets. The assets are being used in my project rn and I made sure I am commenting from the Organization that the asset was purchased from.

2 Likes

normally that is the only time I ever seen where , someone could not make a review was that either they aren’t logged in, or they did not download it from that ACCOUNT. Otherwise contact Unity support… I been here since the store open, years ago. SO that is a first.

Ever since they killed the Asset Store tab in the Editor, I get the “Download to Review” on the website and it has never been able to confirm that I have already downloaded it into the Editor. I am logged in on the website. Doesn’t matter which browser I use. Doesn’t matter if I tell the browser to “Open in Unity”. It just assumes I have never downloaded it so I can’t write a review.

2 Likes

Same here. Purchased and downloaded, but can’t review them.

2 Likes

Logging out and back in seemed to fix it.

I’m currently having an issue where I can’t leave a review for an asset that I’ve purchased, downloaded, and used.

I’m signed into the same account that I purchased the asset with, and at the top of that asset’s page it says “You purchased this item on Nov 3, 2022.” yet in the “Reviews” tab it says “Please download this asset to leave a review”. I’ve tried logging out and logging back in and it doesn’t fix it.

This appears to be a bug with the Asset Store website? How can I write a review? I want to support the developer of the asset. This bug is harmful to asset store developers, who are prevented from gaining reviews.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Signing out then back in did not work - still unable to post a review, have same message as above (“please download…”) but I have downloaded it and imported to several projects. I only have one account and have only been using one browser for anything store related since the purchase, including the purchase itself (Chrome, Windows 10).

3 Likes

Not only is this harmful to publishers due to loss of reviews, but depending on the nature of this bug maybe it shows “0 downloads” when actually lots of people have downloaded it (if the stats they see are from the same source that’s saying we haven’t downloaded it). If that’s the case, and it’s with paid assets and somehow tied in with publishers getting paid for related sales, this could be a significant legal and financial liability for Unity. And how many people actually come to the forum to post that they can’t leave a review or that the site is glitchy/broken.

Edit: In other words, the longer this goes unaddressed, the more of a mistake not addressing it sooner could be.

3 Likes

At least I’m not alone. I’m having this issue, too. Perhaps someone at Unity could comment on what the issue is?

3 Likes

Yup. Also have this issue. Asset purchased, updated multiple time, downloaded and used in multiple project partially or fully for over an year and the website is locking me from reviewing a product with its “Please download this asset to leave a review.” message.

I have noticed that the problem might have been around for a while because MANY assets I would like to review (now that I have extensively used them) only have reviews that are either 4 months old or older (excluding the publisher’s reply) and are displaying that the review was from an old version of the assets.

3 Likes

Got this with City Pack 1. Even downloaded it again and still cannot review.
Contacted Unity a few days ago. No reply yet.

2 Likes

Hi having the same problem, Seems all assets I purchased recenttly within a few months, I could not review them! This seems to be a bug been around for a while, and it’s a very critical problem harm both seller and user! I hope Unity team could look into this asap.

Edit: I just realized this is a post from last year, I can’t believe this is not fixed for over a year…

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for a reply from Unity. A day, a month, a year? What do they care? Not important to Unity so it seems.

2 Likes

I have had several reports on this for my assets as well, this is crazy.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. I can’t review any assets.

I have submitted a ticket through https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=65905

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve done the same. And I would suggest everyone who sees this thread also does the same until it is fixed.

Just for your information ( not looking for support!), still no reply or answer from Unity.
Will keep you all updated on this, and other posters please let us know if things change!
Be interesting how long this thread lasts!!

1 Like

Guess what? It’s all OK for me right now. Just happened! How are you other folk finding it now?