Is it possible to generate a 3d object with shaders?
I’ve been struggling to grasp shaders capabilities.
If so, could you provide an example?
Thank you,
Is it possible to generate a 3d object with shaders?
I’ve been struggling to grasp shaders capabilities.
If so, could you provide an example?
Thank you,
If you’re targeting DX11, you can use a geometry shader to create primitives: DirectX10 Tutorial 9: The Geometry Shader | Taking Initiative
However, as a general rule, don’t create new objects at the shader stage (certainly not if you intend to interact with them) - model them, or create them programmatically through code.
As far as I know shaders only handle how 3D shapes are rendered. If you want to make a 3D model then use something like Blender(free), Maya(pay), or 3DS Max(pay).
– MrSoadThank you,but the plan was to generate a model procedurally.
– ReonarudoThen I would suggest maybe trying to do it via either C# or js(Unityscript), rather than the shader.
– MrSoad