Creating several scenes and switching between them

Hi,

I would like to know how to create different scenes that users can switch between them using buttons (left and right). How do I do this?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

this is very basic.

ctrl + s, save scene to create them.

use this to switch scenes. read everything written on this page.

as for the buttons, it depends how you want to create them. you can use ongui, canvas, or raycast objects.

i would highly suggest going through tutorials first before doing anything else.

1 Like

I will. Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Dear Paolo,

I have gone through the documents. But the thing I want is somewhat different and even more simple. I tried to find something about it but could not.

What I want is to take the camera to another seen. As if you are flipping a page. As simple as that.

Would you please recommend something :slight_smile:

if you will move camera in one scene, then use transform.position.
add empty gameObjects, where the camera should be placed. Make c# script:

//make array of cameraPoints:
public Transform [ ] cameraPoint;
//pointer to switch
int pointer = 0;
//move camera to first point
void Start () {transform.position = cameraPoint [0];}
//check if left or right are pressed:
void Update () { if(Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.RightArrow))
{pointer -= 1;
//be sure, that pointer will not be -1
if (pointer < 0) pointer =0;
//move camera
transform.position = CameraPoint [pointer];}
}

then make for left key as for right, but pointer +=1;
Add it on camera. Fill array with drag&drop with your empty gameObjects.
I didnot check it, but something like this should work :slight_smile: