When I try to build the game 2 error pops up that seem to be referencing the same
.java file. Here is the full path of the error
DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path
"C:\Users\_user\Desktop\Unity Projects\Unity_Capstone2_CyberSector\CyberSector\CyberSector Cyber Security Literacy Mobile Game\Library\PackageCache\email@example.com\Runtime\Android\Plugins\com\unity\androidnotifications\UnityNotificationBackgroundThread.java"
I have also tried deleting the library and uninstalling and installing the
firstname.lastname@example.org but the error still persists
It looks like you are encountering a “DirectoryNotFoundException” related to the path of the file “UnityNotificationBackgroundThread.java” in your Unity project. Here are some steps you can take to address this issue:
- Check File Path:
- Ensure that the file “UnityNotificationBackgroundThread.java” exists at the specified path:
C:\Users\_user\Desktop\Unity Projects\Unity_Capstone2_CyberSector\CyberSector\CyberSector Cyber Security Literacy Mobile Game\Library\PackageCache\email@example.com\Runtime\Android\Plugins\com\unity\androidnotifications\UnityNotificationBackgroundThread.java
- File Permissions:
- Make sure you have the necessary permissions to access and modify files in the project directory.
- Unity Package Manager:
- Open the Unity Package Manager from the Unity Editor (
Package Manager), and check if there are any updates available for the “com.unity.mobile.notifications” package. If so, update to the latest version and see if the issue persists.
- Reimport All:
- In Unity, try selecting
Reimport All. This will refresh and reimport all assets in your project, including packages.
- Clear Library and Temp Folders:
- Manually delete the
Temp folders in your project directory. Then reopen Unity, and it will regenerate these folders.
- Check Unity Version Compatibility:
- Ensure that the version of the “com.unity.mobile.notifications” package is compatible with your Unity Editor version. Check the package documentation or release notes for compatibility information.
- Check Unity Forum/Community:
- If the issue persists, consider checking Unity forums or community boards for specific discussions related to the “com.unity.mobile.notifications” package and your Unity version. Others may have encountered and resolved similar issues.
- Contact Unity Support:
- If none of the above solutions work, you may want to reach out to Unity Support for assistance. Provide them with details about your Unity version, the package version, and the error message.
Remember to back up your project before making significant changes or updates. If you are working with collaborators, communicate any changes made to avoid conflicts.
Hi! It looks like the path is too long. Try moving your Unity project to a shorter path, like