Light gets darker after loading another scene

I followed a tutorial and created this box with a ball you can move around in Unity 2017.3.1f1:

After loading my e.g. options menu scene (“SceneManager.LoadScene(“OptionsMenu”)”), which also unloads the main game scene, and closing it again, it looks like this:

If I load the options menu first and switch to the game scene afterwards, it directly loads with the weird lighting.

I’ve never changed anything about the lighting in any of my scenes and already tried doing the following in every scene but it didn’t help:

  • Window - Lighting - Setting - Uncheck “Auto Generate”
  • Select “Clear Baked Data” in the “Generate Lighting” list
  • Click “Generate Lighting”

Does anyone know what could be the problem and how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

that still doesn't work (assuming alpha means having at least 1 transparent pixel)

–

well. i fixed it. accidentally had hdrp installed.

–

3 Answers

3

HI, @SimRuJ!

click to dirrectional light object, in inspector set Light Mode to Realtime.
the next open Window → Lighting. In lighting window click to Generate light in your scene.

Oh, ok! My bad, i didn't really answer the question.

–

It’s normal thing. Just do build and everything should be ok.

I built it (standard build settings, Win 10) and even started it directly through the .exe file but it's still doing it. :/

–

So I can't test scene changes in my game with correct lighting in editor (without doing a full build of the game)? Seems... bad?

–

So I had this same problem. To solve this, I simply added a directional light to my menu screen scene.

So I guess every scene needs a directional light?

I've never imagined this could be a problem; I've spent hours solving this. Without any hope I tried this, and it solved my problem. Even a directional light with 0 intensity does the trick, which should not change anything in the scene. Thanks, this is really weird.

–