Object vanishes when becoming a child

I’ve got an odd situation that just started happening with one of my objects. As soon as any object becomes its child, that child object vanishes. I can see its transform in the scene view in the inspector, but the actual object disappears, as if it was set inactive. Am I suddenly missing something? It appears only to happen when one specific object is the parent. What am I missing here?

Is there anything weird about the parent transform's scale? Have you tried using the 'F' key to zoom and focus on the object after you child it to this transform?

–

Upload your code so we can see what you're doing and hopefully we can help you out.

–

Yup, tried it. In the end I just recreated the parent object and it worked just fine. Freaky.

–

Definitely strange. Next time try sacrificing a chicken and then throwing salt over your left shoulder. Would you mind marking your answer as closed so it gets removed from the unanswered list? Thanks, -J

–

2 Answers

2

I too was having the same problem. I noticed the child object’s scale changed to 0,0,0 and that’s y it disappeared. Still need to find a fix

that fixed mine, too.

–

My best guess is that you either have a transform on the parent, or the parent object has an awkward pivot point.