I would like to set Unity3D to draw in an overlay mode where it draws over other non-unity windows. This is for using unity output behind other text / images created by another application.
I am sorry I do not know the proper vocabulary. But this is like setting VLC Media Player and/or Media Player Classic to render in an overlay draw mode (which disables screen capture) but allows setting the background color of another app to 0x00F / 0x001 respectively so that the rendering from VLC or MPC will draw over the 0x00F/0x001 mask while leaving the other text alone, thus blending video with anything else very quickly.
There should be a way in a script to set the GL. modes so that it renders in such a way as to draw on screen but only in a specific color-mask. I will try to research the GL command necessary (settings / modes) to accomplish this.
– AIResearcherIn order to clarify what I'm trying to accomplish. I want to render OpenGL behind other windows, but in such a way that I can set a color in the foreground window that will allow the OpenGL behind it to be passed through. This can be done if the OpenGL is rendered in hardware with a color-coded graphics context that hints to the OpenGL where to draw on screen.
– AIResearcher