I’m creating a project with NGO. I’ve never interacted with DOTS or the ECS system. Could you please explain what the process of converting my project to use this would be like?
The idea of built in prediction sounds really awesome to me, but I’m having struggling to wrap my head around how I would implement this “GameObjects layer” in my projects.
Hey @WowTheAlcove it’s a good question that would warrant a dev log on its own. I’ll add it to the list of things to talk about.
TLDR, you shouldn’t have to worry about ECS and DOTS. The dev log here is more of a “insider if you’re interested by what happens behind the curtain” type of dev log. GhostObject must be usable on its own without having to worry about ECS.
You can check previous entries for what the API should look like. Internally it has evolved a bit, but the general design stays the same.
See here for the first one Prediction with GameObjects coming to Netcode for Entities!
We’re a bit behind on dev logs, sorry about that. We’re heads down in our GhostObject work, things are progressing well. You can see we’ve already done a few background changes to Netcode in our latest release notes for 7.0, but nothing more to share now. Stay tuned 
Sounds good, thanks for taking the time to shed some light!