Starting Unity with experience

I’m started Unity a few weeks ago, I’m coming from Roblox (I woudn’t consider it a platform but it’s good for beginners) and I wanted to start doing an 2d top down rpg game here, in Unity, the question is if someone that knows a way to make a class system can help me? The classes will probably be the main core of the game, because the players will be able have three classes, with separeted skill trees. I have no idea if I should use OOP’s or Scriptable Objects (Cos Roblox doesn’t have built-in OOP so I used to have limits over this) Thanks.

For learning the basics of Unity:

A very good and free book for learning the basics of C# and OOP:

Here’s some RPG-related stuff:

ScriptableObject usage in RPGs:

Tysm, I never thought answers would come so fast, it’s a lot of links so I’ll read everything carefully later

I’ll check for scriptable objects later I’ll read everything, I thought of using scriptable objects but I was wondering if they were actually good.

Everything in Unity is actually good… a better question is suitability to purpose.

If you have a huge team with an existing game and everything is already stored in JSON files, then ScriptableObjects are not necessarily the best way forward, unless you want to cut over fully to Unity and ditch the JSON, eg, import it.

Otherwise, engineer yourself a solution and thunder forward!!

I’m definetly not with a big team, thought I think you misunderstood what I meant, I meant that if they were actually good for this case. Anyways, I’m not with a big team and I prefer to stay inside of Unity so I’ll try to use then. Thanks for the advice

^ ^ This is a good reflex. As you develop confidence in the engine, you will likely want to start doing some editor scripting, which is an excellent way to add massive amounts of value to your project’s ability to edit and control content that you make.

But what’s cool is you can follow those ScriptableObject tutorials and start immediately without bothering with getting into editor scripting, then layer it on later when you think of a new use.