- Asset Bundle Support: This change fixes most of the remaining issues with asset bundles. The one remaining limitation is that asset bundles cannot currently contain custom shaders, shadergraphs, or materialX files on this platform. Content within these bundles may, however, refer to shaders built into the app.
- Improved Play to Device functionality: This release further improves on this powerful new iteration tool. Inside the editor, we’ve added a new-and-improved “Play to Device” editor window for connecting to P2D hosts, while the P2D host now support for a wider range of volumetric window dimensions and various performance and stability fixes
- Additional Graphical Features: We’ve added additional shader graph node support, including Environment Radiance (for direct system IBL sampling), Ambient, Blackbody, and Dielectric Specular. We’ve also added support for particle texture flipbooks, components to specify a custom IBL, and control which GOs are affected by this IBL. In addition, system text now renders in play mode.
- Core Stability & Performance Improvements: We’ve fixed a range of performance issues and regressions (for example, related to probe lighting), and tracked down several memory leaks (for example, related to particles and animated 2D content)
- Foveated rendering for URP: In conjunction with the upcoming release of Unity Editor 2022.3.16f1, VR titles can now take advantage of foveated rendering on visionOS by using Unity’s Universal Render Pipeline (URP). This significantly enhances visual quality for these apps by efficiently rendering at higher resolution. Note this requires Unity Editor 2022.3.16f1 which has not yet been released, but we anticipate its arrival on or before Dec. 23, 2023.
- Significant Audio bug fixes: Issues related to audio playing from the gray launcher window (and muting when this window were dismissed) have been addressed.
For an exhaustive list of new features, fixes, and other changes, please consult the package changelogs:
- com.unity.polyspatial changelog
- com.unity.polyspatial.visionos changelog
- com.unity.poslyspatial.xr changelog
- com.unity.xr.visionos changelog
- You may experience extra logging in the Editor console when interacting with SpatialUI Scene’s slider component in bundled samples.
- The visionOS Template project’s Simple Sample Scene requires disabling the AR Session GameObject to run correctly in Editor PlayMode.
- The Play to Device App may appear squished on launch when:
- Replacing a previous Play to Device app with the current one and launching it for the first time
- Closing down the visionOS player while Play to Device connection is active, and then relaunching visionOS Player and Play to Device app
- The Play to Device Editor window may show connections as unreachable (marked as red) but users may still be able to connect to them.
- Contrary to what is described in this section of the PolySpatial documentation, just as you do for iOS, you must select your target SDK (simulator vs. device) in Player Settings.
- A workaround for UnityWebRequest crashes is available here until the fix can be integrated into a future Unity release.
For those who are testing on devices at Apple’s developer labs or via a developer kit, you should only be using the following updated configuration.
- Apple Silicon Mac for development
- Unity 2022 LTS (2022.3.15f1 and higher)
- Xcode 15.2 beta 1
- The Xcode 15 Release Candidate will not work
- visionOS beta 7 (21N5259k) - SDK
For additional information please visit the General Release Notes.
To learn more about Unity’s visionOS beta program, please refer to this post. These release notes apply to the suite of packages released as part of Unity’s visionOS beta program:
- com.unity.polyspatial (0.7.1)
- com.unity.xr.visionos (0.7.1)
- com.unity.polyspatial.visionos (0.7.1)
- com.unity.polyspatial.xr (0.7.1)
- Please do not reply to our general posts like the release notes. Instead, we request that you start a new post for any questions/comments/issues you may have. It makes the process of reviewing your posts more efficient.
- If you think you found a bug, please report it and then provide us with the IN-xxxx ID so that we can expedite the review process.
- If you have a blocking issue or an urgent question, please add [Blocker] to the title of your post.