Hi, I was wondering if there is any free websites that could teach me C#. I want to be able to make a decent FPS game within a year or 2. I have already watched all of the learn videos also.
Well, this isn’'t really the spot for just starting to learn C#. If you’ve looked at the learning scripting videos on the Unity website that could be helpful. Also Microsoft Virtual Academy is an amazing resource, this is a good tutorial to maybe start: https://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/en-US/training-courses/c-fundamentals-for-absolute-beginners-8295 and there’s also PluralSight, where you can pay a monthly fee and have access to some great tutorials. They’re partnered with Digital Tutors, so a subscription there can also get you lots of really good videos on Unity and asset development.
My friend this book assumes you have no knowledge of c# and applies it to Unity3D but the main focus is on c#
its called Learning c# programming with Unity3D by Alex Okita
after you are done with that you can read
C# programming cookbook for Unity3Dby Jeff W murray
gl my friend
There are tons tutorials out there, both written and videos on youtube, not just related to unity but C# in general and All these can help you, The good thing about c# is that it is used by a ton of people, so chances are if you ever run into any issues, someone has encountered it before and there is a solution which you can easily find, with that said I suggest you look at the book ‘Learning C# Programming with Unity3d by Alexy Okita’
Yeah you can find free pdfs of it if you search up Learning C# programming with Unity3D pdf
after you read the whole book i suggest you read
C# programming cookbook with Unity3D that will provide you more info on some of the built in functions and get you started on having a framework to develop a game in Unity3D
Lol didn’t realize someone else had posted or that the book was mentioned lol
I am glad to have a brethren who also started with this book though its a lengthy one(i actually appreciated that fact as a beginner like 867 pages) its a REALLLY GOOOOD start.
Yeah, its really good for beginners, assuming they’ll be dedicated to learning. Though I personally didn’t use it to learn, I have recommended it to a couple persons and they now are good at programming
Yeah i know where you are coming from i am the type of person who encounters a problem and cannot move on until it has been settled same thing with programming so i often find myself pausing on books and spending my time trying to solve those mental barriers.
I
Is this a good pdf? https://www.ebooks-it.net/ebook/learning-c-by-developing-games-with-unity-3d
I have also tried to read that book by packt publishing personally i would not suggest because you will get super confused when you get to the state machines part and it does not cover a wide range of c# or unity3D topics .
luckily I am good with Unity functions and c# basics like variables and such since I have prior Javascript knowlege.