Any one having trouble with Scriptable Objects on PC builds?

I have a prefab that uses a scriptable object to manage sound effects, the game plays correctly on the editor and the sound effects are also played as expected, however when I build the PC player I get this warning message:

Script attached to ‘Hit’ in scene ‘’ is missing or no valid script is attached.
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

And if I go ahead and run the .exe file, I get this message on the system log:

tankG2018b (3)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[ ])
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
Casablanca.Tank:OnCollisionEnter(Collision) (at C:\usr\dev\Unity\Juegos\2018\A6\Assets\Casablanca\Scripts\Runtime\Tank.cs:165)

which is the line that makes reference to the scriptable object.

I tried to work around this problem by loading the asset at run time, but again, it works correctly on the editor but fails on the PC player. I haven’t tested other platforms however I’m not getting any warnings when I build the Android player.

I though this was an issue of 2018.1.b but I’m having exactly the same problem with 2018.2.b and 2017.4.

Make sure that the scriptable object is in its own file and that its class name matches its filename.

See if that works…

Inside the editor, the game executes perfectly, 100% correct, which means the code and assets are also 100% correct. The problem occurs only on the PC build. On 2018.1.b it is a (confirmed) bug and probably on 2018.2.b too, but I didn’t expect this to happen on 2017.4.

Okay, I wasn’t aware of that bug.

My message was in case you had a different situation, which can lead to similar results, as I recall.