Hi,
I write to the “Editor & General Support” without answer, then I’m decided try here.
I tested 5 different Particle System in a separate project and they worked; then, I put them inside the real game, in the scene where they will be call.
At each phase end, the goal is to show one effect and I’m not reaching this.
I tried the syntax described here :
Thank you BubyMB.
I already tried Play/Stop using:
if (!stars.isEmitting) {
stars.Play ();
}
I can see the effect in the tab Scene, but not when run in editor mode.
Tried inside a routine and also inside Update to sure i’m not losting the effect in a frame.
Suggestions?
If you select your particle in the hierarchy, you should have the option to test it in the scene view (a box will appear). If you play it, make sure you can see it. Make sure the size is correct and that nothing is blocking it. Particles can be blocked by gui stuff or if in the wrong sort order. Also remember particles are usually made of several pieces. Example, a fire with smoke and sparks might have several parts. So make sure these are all set to the right layer, size, etc.
Also make sure your particle is on. I see you enabling emissions, but is the particle gameobject actually active. And if it’s suppose to loop, turn that on.
I had to solve another case, then, @Brathnann and @ihgyug , sorry for not thank you before.
Now, I can see the firework in the sceneView.
I had to transparency the background image to see the effect, even changing the “order in layer” to a number greater than the background image layer (just a navy blue to highlight the firework) in “Render” options. I tried also to create a new layer “fireworks”. No success.
The size is ok in the sceneView, but when running, it was very big.
Now it is better - I changed:
in PS, “scaleMode” to “Hierarchy”
the scale (x,y,z) in the “Rect Tranform” where the particle is defined to 0.1
the star size from 800x800 to 100x100 pixels
the “size by speed” configuration in PS.
About the hidden particle:
In my hierarchy:
betweenLevelCanvas layer UI
betweenLevelButtons layer UI
(includes a component “Image (script)” with “source image” none and color blue: if I let this color with “alpha” lower than 255 I can see the PS
texts layer UI
fwStars layer fireworks
(it is a Rect that includes a PS)
In PS, “renderer”:
sorting layer fireworks
order in layer 9
considering if I see Layers (the first 7 are greyed by unity3D), I have:
8 fireworks
Any suggestion about the hidden particle?
Thank you in advance