Firstly, I have raised a ticket about this over a week ago, which after an initially prompt reply asking for my Organization ID, is now being completely ignored by Unity despite email request for follow-up. This is truly shameful customer service.
Secondly, the ‘change management’ that Unity have carried out with regards to this ‘feature’ is abysmal (read: non-existent). And as a result here we are on the forums again (because other channels are being ignored) highlighting how badly this has been handled. Its almost like dealing with a startup that doesn’t understand the very basics of doing business, but its not - its a big listed multi-national corporate. What gives?
Now, after following other threads about WHY hard-earned money is simply disappearing, it would appear that:
a. My ‘payment profile’ is incomplete because Unity is waiting for a tax declaration (no emails or notifications in this regard)
b. Unity has generated a couple of ‘Invoices’ - one for $21 in November, and another for $3 in December, yet I have not made any request to change the default arrangement of paying out when I get to $100 because of the high-cost associated with a payout. Why would I elect to do a wire transfer for $11 on a value of $3? Makes no sense. SO WHY ARE MONTHLY INVOICES BEING GENERATED?
c. You have to hunt around on your payout profile to find what LOOKS like a link saying something akin to “Edit my payment threshold” yet when you click it NOTHING HAPPENS!
So anyway guys, this is a disaster of confusion. Unity appears to be a mish-mash of parts that cant actually co-ordinate themselves well enough to deliver coherent changes. This has been the case with the engine in general, but also other very key aspects of using unity like Google integrations etc. I sincerely hope that in the background, someone is DOING something about this to restore order.
I get the feeling that the plan may be to do monthly payouts at no major cost so even small amounts can be received on a monthly basis (similar to what Amazon has implemented much more smoothly for book authors) however the communication and management has been abysmal. Someone from Unity please reply and tell us whats going on with our balances, and if ‘thresholds’ continue to be of relevance if any amount is getting ‘invoiced’ on a monthly basis.
I have a problem with “Earnings for the current month” my balance this month has decreased, I think the same thing is happening to several people, I already sent a ticket to support and well… I’m just waiting for a response from them.
FINALLY, at least someone has spoken extensively about this topic and ridiculed Unity, I have repeatedly written to the forum about this problem and without an answer, all I can do is “wait”, UNITY - It’s a shame, you can’t openly tell users what’s going on. You make people wait, THERE IS NO PAYMENT FOR JANUARY, THE MONEY FOR FEBRUARY HAS DISAPPEARED (February hasn’t even ended, but they managed to somehow reduce this money)
I also wrote to you 16 days ago from two accounts to complain that the money on my balance was missing, but NO ONE RESPONDED. You create contracts with no-names like Tipalti, before everything worked great, people could freely withdraw money, there were no problems. BUT AS ALWAYS UNITY WILL COME UP WITH SOMETHING
Let’s create a group on Telegram or WhatsApp (no difference), where we can discuss this topic online, give me your nicknames, I’ll open a chat. Because you can’t sit idly by, people are waiting for their payments
I have the same problem, I wrote about it in the forum, There is no use in waiting for an answer, BECAUSE UNITY AND ITSELF ARE IN PROBLEMS, they probably don’t know what they are doing there
The next step honestly is to get this onto the radar of the major content creators so that the game dev community can be made more generally aware of what Unity is doing to small developers - i.e. taking their money and reducing their balances without actually paying anything out, and then being quiet/non-responsive when questioned about what is happening. I hope for a conclusive answer on this shortly, because it does feel like I have literally been robbed, and while my ammount is insignificant to Unity, its a lot to me and once again the voice of the small developer doesnt seem to be important to Unity and I think its worth reminding everyone out there that not much seems to be changing here.
Great but what I need to know is what’s going to happen to the $21 that was ‘invoiced’ in December and
a) no longer appears in my available balance
b) has not been paid into my bank account
Is anyone from Unity going to address this problem or is perpetual silence really seen as the only solution here? I am not going to simply go away while Unity appears to steal my meager ads balance.
Ticket #1771647 is being completed ignored by one Jenya Shmain @ Unity. I am not sure why this is the case, but seriously, if you guys could just EXPLAIN what the issue is (you dont even have to fix it right away, just explain whats going on) that would be GREAT!
Could you at least provide an opportunity for me to submit my details? I haven’t received a response from support for a month. I have written five times, and the support seems to be at a high level
You know hearing this is sad, but at least I know now that its not just me they are ignoring - it seems like this is the policy they have taken. “uh oh guys, we screwed up and made a change without actually trialling it properly - wadda we DO!?”
“Just ignore them guys. Put out heads in the sand until this storm blows over”.
This better be fixed damn soon or this is going to become the next shit-show that draws negative press for Unity.