Suggestions with UV Mapping

I’m still relatively new to Unity and working with 3D models. I am trying to get a better understanding of how it works and have run into a bit of a brick wall trying to get the Texture coordinate of where I click on a mesh (object → texture coordinates.)

The object I’m clicking on is a Maya mesh. I have no problem getting the object coordinates of that, but am at a loss for taking it from there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I couldn’t understand what are you asking?

I’m trying to take the object coordinates of the mesh I click on, convert that into the texture coordinates for the texture that has been applied to the mesh, so I can alter the color value of that point.

This should do the trick:

Oh wow…RaycastHit has a textureCoord value :sweat_smile: . That’s exactly what I needed. I was doing most of what that script does, except using hit.point instead. Thanks for the help, and I guess I should triple check the API next time.

Thanks a lot for the help. This is so much easier than what I was trying to do.