Weird rendering issue

I have a big monitor in the sky in my game to display what wave the player is on, I made my own shader to make a scrolling material but for some reason, it looks really weird from far away.
Here’s what it looks like when you’re close to it

And here’s what it looks like when you’re far away (And I know it doesn’t look that noticeable in a small picture but in game it’s extremely noticeable)

As you can see, the color changes to blueish green and the hexagons lose their shape.

How can I fix this?
(Also here’s the shader just in case)

Edit: So I just noticed another weird thing.
The texture doesn’t tile properly when you reach a certain distance

The left side is blurry and much less tiled than the right side. I’m so confused.

Edit again: Using a higher res texture seems to have fixed it a bit, it still happens but it’s not as noticeable.

Interesting… I’m going to guess it’s some weird interaction with the way the different textures are mip-mapped… I’ll guess that the color balance of the different mipmap levels are not all equivalently downsized, so at distance the color appears to change.

As Kurt said it might be some weird mipmap issue. Could you check if disabling mipmaps fixes it?
Maybe not a great permanent solution since mipmaps are helpful for performance

You guys were right, the mipmaps were causing the color to change, Unfortunately, when I disable them the texture starts to look like this from far away

I think I’ll just have to deal with it getting discolored from far away and hope it doesn’t bother too many players.

I’m not familiar with the shader graph capabilities, but instead of that blue honeycomb could you use the white honeycomb and tint it blue? That way the mipping would be equivalent (I would think).

Well actually that is what I’m doing at the moment, it’s a white hexagon texture tinted blue through the shader graph.

That show’s how little I’ve toyed with Shadergraph! :slight_smile:

Haha, I’m just getting used to it as well.