Pointlight halo glitch

Im am using pointlights with halos to simulate street lamps lit at night, however for some reason there are some that are glitching on me for seemingly no reason. My background scrolls left to right, but for some of the lights the halos are scrolling front to back, across the scene. Its a weird one, and I cant understand what would cause it.

If this is not a fix for this does anyone know what else I could do to simulate the bright glow of a street lamp bulb?

Can you share an example scene with this problem?
It’s hard to say what the issue could be so easier to just have a project to play with

From the sound of it I think I have the same problem. Does it look something like in the screenshots I’ve posted in this thread? https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/odd-light-halos-after-ed-update.461081/

Sorry for the lack of reply I havent been working on my project recently due to other things getting in the way.

The issue is still present, I havent yet updated Unity to the latest version, if you dont think that will fix the issue I can prepare an example so you can see the glitch? @Kona i’m not sure if your issue is the same as mine without seeing a video, but your description sounds similar.

I’m getting this problem too. Here’s a screenshot:

The halos are supposed to appear around the mines. It seems to be rendering as if the camera were horizontal looking forward rather than it’s actual top down orientation.

I’m using unity 5.6.1p1

My unity is 5.5.1f1, so if this is an engine glitch it still hasn’t been fixed.

Has anyone filed a bug report?

1 Like