WIP Small Works Game / Programming Thread

Post any Unity related small programming / game work in this thread for feedback.

I accidentally deleted the old thread because I clicked a button I was not meant too I’m sorry. Feel free to post again here.

6 Likes

Do not try to repair what is working already… :wink:

1 Like

Do you “accidentally” delete the old threads on a regular basis?!? This is like the 3rd time this thread is renewed :wink:

2 Likes

Second time. There is an ‘issue’ with the merge function which merges threads in the wrong dimension and gets into an irreversible state :frowning:

Again??

2 Likes

Just leave it man

1 Like

One small wip,
Dynamic clouds Cloud shadows

webplayer on the blogpost,

still need some fixing, but look ok.

1002384--37070--$clouds_shadows.jpg

2 Likes

Awesome stuff. Subscibed to your blog, some great stuff on there.

Do you mind to share a few details about how you got those shadows? Are you using projectors or some more advanced techniques? I made some experiments on my own with cloud shadows, but was not yet able to find a really good solution.

yup, its just one big orthographic projector…

Just finished up my basic crafting mechanics:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!

Looks really cool. Reminds me of Zaxxon. Keep it up.

Nice visual, it looks pretty fun. Two questions:

  • How do you control this game in the mobile device. The video does not show any visual stick on the screen or something like, or do you use the accelerometer?

  • Did you have problems about collision with the bullets? I am thinking in a distant future to make one shooter game but I am little afraid because I got some collision problems with objects that run with a high speed and I can`t use raycast for all bullets in screen I think.

looks awsome :slight_smile:

Here’s a preview of my next particle asset package: Vectormania 2. These particles are inspired by classic vector arcade games. The package will contain about 20 effects.

Comments/critique/requests are welcome!

Thanks,
Ryan

2 Likes

Really nice.
But for mobile device, it will probably kill the frame rate (fill rate).
Will you make simpler version ?

I’m considering doing a test on iPhone for this package. It means I would have to build on a mac and test on the iPhone. Not sure if there is enough demand.

I’m using additive blending to avoid sorting and alpha blending.

Also considering a sprite sheet version of each particle effect.

Hi,
I released my first game Zarcon Invasion.
Anyone interested can come to my web site http://www.corradominnozzi.it/ZarconInvasion/ where I put video and screenshots and can buy or can download a free demo.

Started messing around with this today, looks promising! here is my progress:
http://motionos.com/terrain/

I cant figure out how to render holes in the middle of the mesh, so click next to the edges

This is one of the building blocks for my upcoming project. Next updates: Ninja rope, fluids…